Costa del sol Property Valuations and Surveys
If you have a residential, industrial or commercial property you woud like to offer for sale or rent please contact us for a free valuation:
In addition we offer formal valuations by independent Spanish or RICS UK valuers based in Spain for:
- Residential buildings
- Development land
- Industrial and commercial premises
All surveys are conducted to industry standards and are undertaken by a qualified surveyor. The report will include photographs and plans if relevant.
All surveys are based on the UK RICS approved Standard Survey report and are undertaken by a qualified UK Chartered Surveyor. The report will include photographs and if required can be e-mailed directly to you within days. Reports are in two formats:
RICS House Buyers Report
- A concise survey/valuation report providing information on the state of repair and condition of the property. The survey report covers those parts of the property which are readily visible and accessible including the roof space, if there is easy access by the loft hatch.
- Overall, the report is based on the standard report recommended by the UK Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and will be subject to standard terms of engagement.
- This report is intended for conventional properties in a reasonable state of repair and is restricted to areas of the property immediately accessible. The report focuses on urgent or significant defects and is designed to provide information necessary to help the homebuyer to decide whether or not to proceed with the purchase.
Building Survey Report
- This is a more comprehensive report and provides a fuller picture of the condition of the building; it is appropriate for older properties or where the structure is suspected of being unsound. The Building Survey (Commonly known as a Structural Survey) is based on a very detailed examination of the property and is essentially a technical inspection and report.
- The survey is a detailed visual examination of the physical condition of the building looking for signs of cracking, movement and deterioration.
- The building will be examined as far as practicable, for evidence of wood rot and dampness, as well as the general condition of the interior finishes, fittings and services. The services will be inspected where visible and the report will include a general description. However, the full condition of the services can only be ascertained by specialist tests, which can be undertaken as part of the building survey.
- The report will be prepared in a non-technical manner with photographs so as to be easily understood. The building survey provides a comprehensive report on the condition of the property, describing in detail any structural or other defects and where possible suggesting solutions and estimated costs.
- A valuation is not normally included, but by prior arrangement a valuation report can be combined with this survey thereby saving you some money.
For further information please contact us.